Radley History Club logo Archives: Church
   
About this topic
This category covers anything to do with St James the Great Church, including the Vicarage, Church Room, clergy, parochial church council and church related charities.
 
Entry
Type
Code no.
Radley ecclesiastical parish boundaries - map supplied by the Oxford Diocesan Office, June 2003. Map M.2.1
Kennington ecclesiastical parish boundaries - copy of map supplied by the Oxford Diocesan Office, March 2015. See also Documents D.266(b).3. Map M.2.2
Radley Church and Parish by Sydney E. Allso, 1971, 16pp. (Allso was Vicar of Radley from 1966 to 1971.) Presented by Robert Sephton, August 2010. Second copy presented by Carol Milward, February 2013. Book B.85
Radley Church and Parish – A Brief History. Compiled by Radley History Club. First published May 2007. Revised edition June 2009. 20pp. Book B.115
St James the Great, Radley: The Story of a Village Church, edited by Joyce Huddleston, published by Radley History Club, October 2016. Book B.146
Faith and Heraldry. The Stained Glass in the Church of St James the Great, Radley by Patrick Drysdale. Photographs by Les Hemsworth. Published by Radley History Club, July 2011. 20pp.  Book B.108
Abingdon Deanery Festival – Programme. 1981. Book B.18
The Community of the Resurrection – A Centenary History by Alan Wilkinson, published by SCM Press Ltd, 1992. 386 pp. Also a review of the book in the Church Times 8 May 1992. Presented by Robert Sephton, August 2010. [The Community was founded by Charles Gore and five other priests at Pusey House, Oxford, in 1892. Gore was Vicar of Radley from May 1893 to December 1894.] Book B.83
Davis Charity distributions 1821-1900. In Ring Binder No. 1 containing copies of transcripts of the Radley Parish Registers and other documents. Document D.1(6)
Bowyer Donations 1840-1849. In Ring Binder No. 1 containing copies of transcripts of the Radley Parish Registers and other documents. Document D.1(7)
Martha Bristow’s Charity distributions 1878-1902. In Ring Binder No. 1 containing copies of transcripts of the Radley Parish Registers and other documents. Document D.1(8)
Radley Church Donations [i.e. donations given by the Church] 1722-1747. In Ring Binder No. 1 containing copies of transcripts of the Radley Parish Registers and other documents.  Document D.1(9)
(i) Particulars for Religious Census 1851 (re Sunday School) dated March 31 1851. (ii) Particulars re Radley Church in reply to Bishop’s Circular, 1 June 1852. (iii) Names and ages of Radley persons confirmed during the incumbency of Dr Samuel Wilberforce, Lord Bishop of Oxford, at St Helen’s Church, Abingdon, dated 17 March 1854. In Ring Binder No. 1 containing copies of transcripts of the Radley Parish Registers and other documents. Document D.1(12)
Monumental Inscriptions on memorials in Radley Church and on gravestones in the churchyards, including an Index of names. Copies in Ring Binder No. 3 Document D.3(1)
Canopy over pulpit in Radley Church. Envelope containing copy correspondence and papers 1990-1991 of Rosemary Smith of 3 Bowgrave Copse, Abingdon, re the canopy, by tradition said to be the canopy which hung over Mr Speaker William Lenthall’s Chair in the House of Commons, 1640-1653. The documents are: (i) copy correspondence July 1990 - May 1991; (ii) two black and white photos of the canopy; (iii) extracts from Radley Church and Parish by Sydney E. Allso, 1971, being the chapters entitled 'The Parish Church' and 'After the Dissolution of the Abbey'; (iv) extract from Country Life, 24 February 1950, containing a letter concerning Radley Church woodwork, e.g. the pulpit canopy and choir stalls; (v) extract from the Diocesan Herald 4 November 1964, being an article entitled 'Besselsleigh, the home of Speaker Lenthall' by Nigel Hammond; (vi) copy of reprints from the Oxford Times 3 and 17 August 1907 of an article entitled 'The Lenthall Family' (? by Henry Paintin 1907). (21 pp but further page(s) missing); (vii) copy of pedigree of Lenthall of Besselsleigh, Berkshire (may have been part of (vi) above). Document D.7
Copy of report by Alison Mitchell on Radley Vicarage, compiled in November 2000 (presented by the author). Document D.40
Copy of Report on Radley Vicarage by Surrey Domestic Buildings Research Group, compiled at the invitation of the Revd Daniel and Mrs Pope. June 1981. Document D.47
Copy of List of Vicars of Radley 1610-1808, copied from a document in the Berkshire Record Office. Presented by Brian and Rita Ford. Document D.57
List of Vicars of Radley from 1606 to present day, with supporting documents. Document D.63
Extracts relating to Radley from The Church Bells of Berkshire by Frederick Sharpe, F.S.A. Bath, Kingswood Reprints 1970. Document D.69
Extracts relating to Radley from Coats of Arms in Berkshire Churches, by P.S. Spokes, MA. Reprinted from The Berkshire Archaeological Journal. Document D.71
Copy extracts from The Armorial Glass of the Oxford Diocese 1250-1850, by E.A. Greening Lambourn, being the entries for Radley. Document D.96
Documents presented by Radley Parochial Church Council, as follows:
(i) & (ii) Two Christmas cards from Radley Church, 1984 and 1988.
(iii)(a–c) Programmes for Christmas services in Radley Church for 1990, 1991 and 1992.
(iv) Certificate of Commendation presented by the Vale of White Horse District Council under their Design Awards Scheme for good design in respect of work at Radley Vicarage, 1991.
Document D.114
Bells at Radley Church. (i) Complete list of documents held by Daphne Pollard, compiled by Stanley Baker. September 2005 (two copies).
(ii) Extract from Bell News, 12 March 1898, probably referring to the hanging of the new Treble in Radley Church in 1898.
(iii) Radley Parish Magazine, October 1952, containing an account of the visit of some of the Radley bellringers to the Mears and Stainbank foundry, Whitechapel, London, on 5 September 1952 to see the new Treble bell being cast, and an account of the Hallowing of the Bells on 20 September 1952 in Radley Church.
(iv) Printed description of the Radley Bells, with an extract from the Radley Parish Magazine, October 1952.
(v) Typed copy of the Ceremony for the Opening of the Bells at Radley Church, 21 October 1952.
(vi) Extract from Oxford Mail 23 October 1952 re the re-opening of Radley Bells.
(vii) Extract from The Ringing World, 24 October 1952, re the hallowing of Radley Bells.
(viii) Extract from The Ringing World, 31 October 1952, re the re-opening of Radley Bells.
(ix) Radley Parish Magazine, November 1952, containing a letter from the Vicar of Radley, the Rev. J.V. Pixell, re the re-opening of Radley Bells.
(x) Extract from Oxford Mail, 19 May 1978, being a report by Jayne Oilman on the history of bells and bellringing, including an interview with Marie Cross, captain of Radley Bellringers, and a picture of Daphne Pollard and Peter Heritage instructing youngsters in bellringing in Radley Church.
(xi) Typescript (probably by Marie Cross, Captain of Radley Tower), giving an account of Radley Bells and Bellringing (c.1982).
NB For photographs of Radley Bells and bellringers from this collection, see Photographs P.130.
Document D.137
Extract from The Ringing World, Vol. LXIII, No. 3450, June 10 1977 re Radley Church bells and Radley College bells. Document D.258
Radley Church. Sketch floor with numbered features inside and immediately outside of the Church. Document D.140
Copy of lease dated July 1872 between Sir George Bowyer of Radley Park, Baronet, and the Vicar and Churchwardens of the Parish of Radley, of land and school buildings, together with adjoining land, at Radley, coloured red and blue on the plan, to be used as a school; term of lease 99 years; rent £1.6s.0d per year. Copied from a copy loaned by Brian and Rita Ford, no colouring on the map. Also transcript prepared by Stanley Baker. Document D.152
Copy of Conveyance dated 9 August 1897 between Mary Bowyer of Florence to the Vicar and Churchwardens of the Parish of Radley of land in Radley coloured red on plan with School Buildings thereon (page 1 only). Copied from a copy loaned by Brian and Rita Ford, no colouring on the plan. Also transcript of the whole deed. Document D.153
Copy of a Terrier of the Holding, Tithes and other Dues belonging to the Vicar of Radley, 8 April 1678, listing the Vicarage House and a little outhouse, orchard and garden, and all tithes of apples, nuts, eggs, hemp, pigs and cows. Signed by William Carter, Vicar, and Henry Nickolls and Richard Clinkard, Churchwardens. (Probably copied from a document in the Berkshire Record Office.) Document D.164
Installation and Licensing of Revd Keith Kinnaird as Parish Priest, Church of St James the Great, Radley, Tuesday 8 November 1988. 20pp. Document D.166.1
Installation and Licensing of Revd Pamela McKellen as Priest in Charge of Radley and Sunningwell, Monday 22 November 2004. 12pp. Document D.166.2
Photocopy of a note (probably filed in the Berkshire Record Office) as to the Bishop’s Visitations to Abingdon in 1783 and 1786, relating to Radley and Drayton listed as chapels to Abingdon St Helen’s. Transcription by Stanley Baker. Document D.179
St James the Great, Radley ‘Back into the Church’, 15 February 2009. Order of Service for the 11 am Service at the re-opening of the Church after renovations. Document D.180
Printed publicity booklet by Salter Brothers, Launch and Boat Builders, Folly Bridge, Oxford, describing the Trips on the Thames which can be taken by boat, steam, motor and electric launch hire, Distances on the Thames, and Time Tables for the Oxford and Kingston Steamers, etc. 1910. Presented by Mr Charles Dockar-Drysdale of Radley, March 2009. Document D.182.5
Article entitled A Frenchman visits ‘CR’ in 1897, being an account of a visit by Monsieur Charles Hermeline to Radley where the Community of the Resurrection was founded. Copy of copy document belonging to Radley Primary School. Document D.183.4
Page of ‘Letters to the Editor’ [publication unknown] containing a letter from ‘Bywayman, Berkshire’ about the Pulpit Canopy and Choir Stalls in Radley Church. Copy of copy document belonging to Radley Primary School. Document D.183.5
Extracts from Diocese Books of Samuel Wilberforce, Bishop of Oxford 1845-1869, published by Berkshire Record Society, Vol. 13, 2008, and also by Oxfordshire Record Society, Vol. 66, 2008. These extracts relate to Radley, Sunningwell and Kennington and were presented by Robert Sephton, with his own annotations. May 2009. Document D.188
St James the Great, Radley – Agendas, Minutes, Reports etc. for the Annual Parishioners’ Meetings and Annual Parochial Church Meetings. 21 April 2010 onwards. Document D.209
(i) Brochure of THE MYS-TREE FESTIVAL held at the Church of St James the Great, Radley, from 6 to 11 December 2010. Lists the exhibitors – village organisations, Under 12’s, and individual adult and family entries, with historical facts about the Church. Also publicity notice.
(ii) Certificate awarded to Radley History Club for its entry, 'Family Histree'.
For photographs of the exhibits taken by Stanley Baker, see Photographs, P.167.
Document D.215
(i) Order of Service of Confirmation and Holy Communion 15 May 2011 at Radley Church, conducted by the Bishop of Reading, at which nine Radley people were confirmed.
(ii) Service of Confirmation 28 April 2013 at the Church of St James the Great, Radley, conducted by the Bishop of Reading
(iii) Service of Confirmation at the Church of St James  the Great, Radley, 14 February 2016, conducted by the Bishop of Dorchester.
Document D.222
Newspaper cutting from the Daily Telegraph, c.1953, reporting morning service at Radley Church conducted by the Bishop of Reading. Presented by Jean Deller, July 2011. Document D.225.6
Order of Service for Candlelit Carol Service at St James the Great, Radley, and St. Leonard’s, Sunningwell, Christmas 2011. Document D.228
Report of the talk entitled The Civil War and Radley Church given by Richard Dudding at Radley History Club meeting on 10 October 2016 Document D.242.40
A Millennium Keepsake. A gift from St James Church, Radley, 2000. Booklet containing St Mark's Gospel together with a guide to reading the gospel. Donated by Stanley Baker. Document D.255
Documents relating to Diocese of Oxford, which includes the ecclesiastical parish of Radley Document D.266(a)
Copy of Pastoral Scheme made by the Church Commissioners on 9 October 1990 uniting the benefices of Radley and Sunningwell in the Diocese of Oxford. Document D.266(b).1
Copy of Pastoral Measure dated 28 January 2014 made by the Church Commissioners creating the Archdeaconry of Dorchester in the Diocese of Oxford (supplied by the Oxford Diocesan Office, March 2015). Document D.266(b).2
Copy of Pastoral Measure dated 26 February 2015 made by the Church Commissioners uniting the benefice of Radley and Sunningwell and the benefice of Saint Swithin [Swithun] Kennington. Includes map of Kennington Ecclesiastical Parish (supplied by the Oxford Diocesan Office, March 2015). Document D.266(b).3
Copy typescript notes on Radley Church by Vivian Hope. (The provenance of  this document is not known.) Presented by Patrick Drysdale, 2002. Document D.272
Three photos taken by Richard Dudding on  21 July 2015 at The National Archives of the 1552 Survey of Church Goods (TNA Catalogue reference E117/1/11), being the front page of the book, the page containing the Radley entry and an enlargement of the Radley entry.  Document D.280
Abingdon Passion Play Programme, Sunday 13 March 2016. [Several Radley people in the cast]. Presented by Eric and Mary Blanks. Document D.287
List of burials of Bowyer family members with identification of the burial sites of those buried at Radley. Presented by Brian and Rita Ford. Document D.291(a)
List of interments inside Radley Church. Presented by Brian and Rita Ford. Document D.291(b)
St James the Great, Radley. The Story of a Village Church - three publicity documents for Radley History Club’s Exhibition and Book Launch at  St James the Great, Radley, on 1 and 2 October 2016. Presented by Joyce Huddleston. For a disc of photographs taken at the exhibition, see P.213. Document D.293
Radley Church (Tower). June 2000. In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.5
Radley Church (Tower & Porch). June 2000. In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.6
Radley Church (South & East). June 2000. In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.7
Radley Church, Rood Screen. June 2001. In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.8
Radley Church Flower Festival 2000 - Radley History Club’s exhibit. In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.9
Radley Church Room. September 2002. In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.10
Copy of photograph of Radley Church, 1883, taken from framed photo in the Church records. September 2007. Photo P.114
St James Church, Radley from South East, 1885. (Taunt Collection). In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.23
St James Church, Radley from Station [Church] Road. (Taunt Collection). In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.24
St James Church, Radley from North East. (Taunt Collection). In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.25
St James Church, Radley - Interior, 1890. (Taunt Collection). In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.26
St James Church, Radley - Interior. (Taunt Collection). In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.27
St James Church, Radley - Font. (Taunt Collection). In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.28
The Old Rectory [Vicarage]. (Taunt Collection). In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.29
Copies of 24 black and white photographs, mainly of Radley Church and Vicarage, in 1899 and early 1900s, including snow scenes and pictures of the Church being repaired in 1902. Copied and enlarged from an album in the Church archives, loaned to the Club by Denis Standen, Churchwarden. Photo P.82
Copy of black and white photo of the inside of Radley church, c.1900. Presented by Brian Ford, January 2011. Photo P.169
Radley Church, from south west, c.1950 (P/8515). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.1
Radley Church, from south across the pond, c.1930 (P/8531). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006.  © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.2
Radley Church, from south across the pond, closer view, c.1930 (P/8514). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.3
Radley Church, from south across the pond, closer view, c.1930 (OCL 19830). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.4
Radley Church with pond and ducks in foreground, c.1900 (OCL 81/2000). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.5
Radley Church, from south, with people outside, and front of Smithy, c.1900 (OCL 6997). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. Undated. but probably taken in the 1930–1950 period (except where otherwise stated). © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.6
Radley Church, from south, c.1900 (OCL 79/9340). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.7
Radley Church interior, looking east (P/8516). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. Undated. but probably taken in the 1930–1950 period (except where otherwise stated). © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.8
Radley Church interior, looking east (P/8517). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. Undated. but probably taken in the 1930–1950 period (except where otherwise stated). © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.9
Radley Church Choir Stall (P/8519). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. Undated. but probably taken in the 1930–1950 period (except where otherwise stated). © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.10
Radley Church Pulpit and Canopy (P/8518). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. Undated. but probably taken in the 1930–1950 period (except where otherwise stated). © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.12
Radley Vicarage from east (P/8520). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. Undated. but probably taken in the 1930–1950 period (except where otherwise stated). © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.11
Radley Vicarage, rear view, with link to Gore House (OCL 81/1985). Photograph purchased from Oxfordshire Studies, 2006. Undated. but probably taken in the 1930–1950 period (except where otherwise stated). © Oxfordshire County Council (image number given in brackets). Photo P.144.13
(i) 63 colour photographs (thumbnails) of the inside of Radley Church taken by the Vicar, Revd Pam McKellen, during the reordering of the Church in 2008-2009.
(ii) 15 colour photographs of services at Christmas 2008 in the reordered Church.
These photographs were presented to the Club by the Vicar, January 2009. Most are also held on disc at P.208.
Photo P.155
37 photos of work in progress in the reordering of the inside of Radley Church, October 2008. Photographs taken by Revd Pam McKellen, Vicar of Radley.  Photo P.208.1
Radley Church (interior and exterior), churchyard and pond. 200 images, 2006-2007. Les Hemsworth Collection of Photographs, presented by him. Photo P.204.1
Disc containing 120 colour photos taken inside and outside of Radley Church by Martin Beek of 46 Lake Street, Oxford (copied from original belonging to Denis Standen, Churchwarden, Radley) together with thumbnails of 92 of the photos Photo P.205
(1–200). Thumbnail prints of 200 colour photos taken by Les Hemsworth of Radley Church (interior and exterior), churchyard and pond, printed from a CD presented by the author, March 2007. For a disc of the photographs see P.204(1). Photo P.104
Radley Vicarage – copies of photographs selected from a collection owned by the Diocese of Oxford’s Buildings Committee, all taken at the time of renovation and building works at the Vicarage in 1990:
(i)Front view before renovation.
(ii) Front view after renovation.
(iii) Rear view.
(iv) Building Extension Works at rear.
(v) Finished extension at rear.
(vi) Re-roofing.
(vii) Showing link to Gore House before the demolition of the link.
(viii) Demolition of link.
(ix) Gore House adjoining Radley Vicarage.
(x) Well at rear of Radley Vicarage.
Photo P.65
Father Keith Kinnaird’s photos of Radley Vicarage 1989-1991 approx. Presented by Christine Wootton, February 2016. Photo P.211
Radley Church, c.1880. Copy photograph presented by Jean Deller. Photo P.69.1
Radley Church exterior before restoration, c.1890. Photo by W.J. Vasey, Abingdon-on-Thames. Copy photograph presented by Jean Deller. Photo P.69.2
Radley Church interior before restoration, c.1890. Photo by W.J. Vasey, Abingdon-on-Thames. Copy photograph presented by Jean Deller. Photo P.69.3
Black and white photographs printed from glass negatives of Radley Church Restoration 1902, found on a market stall at Eastbourne 1999. Presented by Brian and Rita Ford. Photo P.198
Radley Church Choir singing Carols at Wick Hall, December 2006. Presented by Brian Ford. Photo P.100.1
Photograph of wooden plaque at the west end of Radley Church, listing ‘Those from Radley who served in the Great War 1914 – 1918’. (About 64 names. A black and white photo, partly illegible, is also filed here). Presented by Brian Ford. Photo P.103.1
Photograph of plaque at the west end of Radley Church, listing the Incumbents of Radley from c.1606 to 2004, being the plaque presented to the Church by Radley History Club. Presented by Brian Ford. Photo P.103.2
Two photographs of framed pictures at the west end of Radley Church of 17 vicars of Radley. Presented by Brian Ford. Photo P.103.3
Two photographs of the gravestone in Radley Old Churchyard in memory of Sir George H. Bowyer, Baronet of Radley and Denham, who died 25 September 1950 aged 80. Presented by Brian Ford. Photo P.125
Photograph by Stanley Baker of the Plaque above the Stonhouse Memorial in Radley Church, together with a transcript by him of the Latin text, and a translation. Photo P.127
Seven black and white Photographs of Radley bells (not dated). Copies of originals in Daphne Pollard’s collection of items relating to Radley bells and bellringers - see Documents D.137. Photo P.130.1 to P.130.7
Colour photo of Radley bellringers in Radley Church Tower, with Tower Captain, Marie Cross (c.1980). Copy of original in Daphne Pollard’s collection of items relating to Radley bells and bellringers - see Documents D.137. Photo P.130.8
Radley Church Bellringers, May 2007. Photo presented by Daphne Pollard, Radley Tower Captain. Photo P.108
Six photos of Radley Church bells ready to be rehung after being re-tuned December 2015. Presented by Brian Ford, December 2015. Photo P.193
Palm Sunday Procession from Radley Village Hall to Radley Church, 20 March 2005. 8 photos. Photo P.140
Three colour photographs of John Homewood, Chairman of Radley History Club, presenting to Revd Pam McKellen, Vicar of Radley, a plaque listing the names of the Incumbents of Radley Church from 1606 to the present day, 9 October 2005. For a DVD of the presentation, see A.25. Photo P.148
Two colour photographs of the Palm Sunday Procession in Selwyn Crescent, Radley. April 2009. Taken and presented by Stanley Baker. Photo P.156
Photograph of the Scratch or Mass Dial on the outside of the south wall of Radley Church, once used to tell the time, together with photocopy of short article about mass dials in The Countryman magazine. Presented by Brian Ford, June 2009. Photo P.159
Sepia photograph of Radley Church in snow, with two horses in foreground, c.1900. Presented by Martin Mawhinney, December 2009. Photo P.161
Dancing bear and handler near Radley Church (no date), photographed by Warland Andrew, St Nicholas Studio, Abingdon. Presented by Patricia Groser. In Photograph Album containing Photographs P.1.1–1.62. Photo P.38.1
13 Images taken by Stanley Baker of the exhibits at the Mys-Tree Festival held at Radley Church on 6-11 December 2010. For brochure see Documents D.215. Photo P.167
Photos presented by Mrs A. Purbick (neé Shayler) as follows:
(i) Rev. Sydney Allso, Vicar of Radley (thumbnail photo)
(ii) Rev. Keith Kinnaird, Vicar of Radley (thumbnail photo)
(iii) Rev. Robin Brutton and wife
(iv) Reginald Shayler, chorister at Radley Church for 40 years, 1996
(v) Cake made for Reginald Shayler to celebrate 40 years in Radley Church choir, 1996
(vi) Radley Church choir, 1996
(vii) Reginald Shayler with Rev. Jock Fletcher-Campbell, 1996
(viii) Reginald Shayler with Rev. Tom Gibbons, 1996
(ix) Reginald Shayler with David Shaw, one-time organist at Radley Church, 1996
(x) Reginald Shayler with David Beckett, Radley Church organist, 1996
(xi) Radley Church, 1996
Photo P.194 
13 photos as above and a further 24 as above and 27 photos of the Nativity Play and Christmas Day service inside the Church, December 2008. Photographs taken by Revd Pam McKellen, Vicar of Radley . Photo P.208.2
St James the Great, Radley: The Story of a Village Church – Photographs taken by John and Joyce Huddleston at Radley History Club’s Exhibition and Book Launch at St James the Great, Radley, on 1 and 2 October 2016. Presented by Joyce Huddleston. For publicity associated with the exhibition, see Documents D.293. Photo P.213
Recording of the Service in Radley Church for the licensing of Rev. Pam McKellen as Priest-in-Charge of Radley and Sunningwell. 22 November 2004. Audiovisual A.76
Radley Bellringers ringing Quarter Peal, 10 July 2005. Audiovisual A.81
Radley Church Choir sings carols at Wick Hall, 22 December 2005.  Audiovisual A.87
David Beckett, Director of Music at the Church of St James the Great, Radley. Transcript of interview by Hedley Feast of BBC Radio Oxford on 19 May 2013. 5 minutes 10 seconds. CD created by Stanley Baker. Audiovisual A.91
Slide show of the presentation on 9 October 2005 by John Homewood, Chairman of the Radley History Club, to Revd Pam McKellen, Vicar of the Church of St James the Great, Radley, of a plaque listing the names of Incumbents of Radley from 1606 to the present day; also a copy of the list and photos of some of the incumbents (approx. 10 minutes). For three colour photos of the presentation, see Photographs P.148. Audiovisual A.25
Tour of Radley (8 minutes) and Church Service, compiled to send to Rev. Dan Pope (formerly Vicar of Radley) at St Andrews, Kyrenia, Cyprus, as a memento of Radley. c.1988 (total time approx. 90 minutes) Copied from tape owned by Doug Rawlinson. Audiovisual A.13
Induction of Keith Kinnaird as Vicar of Radley, November 1988. Presented by Malcolm Grieve. Audiovisual A.14

List of archive subject categories

About the archives

 

Accessibility